Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cash 4 Gold RIP OFF www.Cash4Gold.com

In a nut shell, "Cash 4 Gold" unfairly paid me 1/10th of the value of my jewelry = TOTAL RIP OFF! Cash 4 Gold takes advantage of unfortunate people in these challenging times.

WHAT I GOT:

Cash4Gold paid me a TOTAL of $138.74.
The silver quarters with a face value of $10 = Cash4Gold paid me ONLY $3.16. I would have gotten more value if I dropped those silver coins in a vending machine to buy junk food. This is an OUTRAGE! [Note: According to Smartmoney reporter, she had the quarters appraised, the appraisal was $3 per quarter, so 40 silver quarters = $120!!!]

WHAT I SENT:
1 0.39 cts marquis-cut diamond ring (my engagement ring)
1 gold wedding band with little diamonds (my husband's)
1 gold bracelet
7 gold earrings
1 white gold earring with little diamonds
2 gold pendants
1 gold ring
40 silver quarters ($10) [not shown in photo]

I was fooled by Cash4Gold. Enticed by their tv commercials, unemployed and needed cash to buy gifts for my family for Christmas '08, I took my gold jewelry and silver quarters and shipped them to Cash4Gold. Lured with FAST CASH option ($4.99 fee) where $ would be wire transferred to my checking account, I signed the fast cash form. Consequently, there was a CATCH: choosing FAST CASH voided the "10 day return policy," meaning I got stuck with whatever unfair amount they gave me. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

The sad thing is I trusted them to be fair in appraising and paying me a fair price. Of course, I did not expect to get near the amount I paid for those jewelry, which is $1,000+, but I expected MORE THAN $138.74. Since I waived the 10-day return policy in favor of "fast cash," I've been had. Basically, Cash4Gold gave me 1/10th of the money I paid for those jewelry. TOTAL RIP OFF!

Cash4Gold had a Super Bowl commercial....WOW! Do you know how Cash4Gold could afford the Super Bowl commercial??? Because of FOOLS like me! BEWARE!!!

I am angry. I am humiliated. Please learn from my mistakes.

If you have the same negative experience with Cash 4 Gold, please report it to FTC:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

*************UPDATE as of Feb. 23, 2009**************

Cash 4 Gold probably used my "40 pieces of silver" to pay Judas!


Smart Money magazine contacted me to ask questions regarding my experience with Cash 4 Gold. Smart Money is investigating Cash 4 Gold and will be publishing their findings soon. Hopefully, they will uncover Cash 4 Gold's shoddy business practice. I was told that the CEO of Cash 4 Gold saw the purchase invoice I posted here in my blog. He was questioning IF I was sure that the 40 pieces of silver quarters WERE ACTUALLY quarters because the total weight posted on the invoice for the said quarters was rather "low." Huh??? Of course it's low. Your company has been scamming people, Mr. CEO. That's how Cash 4 Gold can afford to pay Ed McMahon to do your commercial, Sir, and that's how C4G can afford to pay your salary.

Is Mr. CEO denying and/or pretending that he is not aware of his company's deceptive practices? Clearly, the CEO is like an ostrich--his head is stuck in the sand.

Back to the 40 pieces of quarters, I sent 1 ROLL OF QUARTERS (1 roll of quarters has 40 quarters totaling $10). I had owned the roll for more than 10 years and was saving it for rainy days...Thanks to Cash 4 Gold, they sent MORE rain my way. How could anyone mistaken a roll of quarters for something else especially if the coins were counted before rolling and packing? Smart Money may contact FedEx to verify the weight of the package sent to Cash 4 Gold.


My conclusion based on my personal experience is when "fast cash option" is signed, Cash 4 Gold further lowers its appraisal to about 1/10th of the jewelry's original purchase value because by signing fast cash option, you are also waiving your right to 10-day return policy. You can't get your jewelry back, so they GOTCHA!!!

What a scam. I assume there will be a class action lawsuit against Cash 4 Gold pretty soon.

I therefore conclude Cash 4 Gold used my "40 pieces of silver" to pay Judas!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that happened to you. It is a good thing this is posted as there are several questions as to weather they are legitimate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your loss. You should keep this up. I was directed here from WIKI and its all I could find. Thanks for warning us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. C,

    Hi, I'm a writer for Slate.com's spin-off finance site, The Big Money, and am working on a story about Cash4Gold. I'd love to talk to you, do you think you can shoot me an email ( mark@markgimein.com ) so I can send you a couple of questions, or even better, give me a call--212-380-1395?

    Best,
    Mark Gimein

    PS: You can get a good sense of my work for Slate and other place from my website, http://www.markgimein.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi C,
    I'm a writer for Slate.com and their spinoff finance site, The Big Money. I'm looking into doing a Cash4Gold story, would love to chat with you. Is there a good way of contacting you? It would be a really big help to me. You can get me at mark@markgimein.com, or on the phone at 212-380-1395.
    You can get a pretty good sense of my work for Slate and other places from my website, http://www.markgimein.com/
    Best,
    Mark
    PS: Weird, I thought I posted this before, but it seems to have just disappeared.
    PPS: Did the SmartMoney story ever come out?

    ReplyDelete